Year round Junior Programs
Recognized as the best Junior Programs in Illinois
Overview of our junior programs (billed monthly open enrollment)
Over the years we learned Kids like being given a goal and accomplish a goal one at a time. They like to get rewarded and/or recognized for accomplishing that goal. Once the recognition happens they want to be challenged again so we move onto another goal. Your child will develop a set of goals putting them all together and being measured on whether or not they can do them in unison or not is a way to advance out of an existing program.
We have restrucutrued our programs to what works best for children and that is going step by step, goal by goal until they develop a set of goals. Sooner then later your child will have all these skills and be able to play golf to whatever level they would like.
The best in the state train with us. our programs have had the following success
- 2020 Jake Schabes sings a letter of intent to play at Knox University
- In 2020 Stephanie Su is at the top of her graduating class of 2021
- 2019 CSOG had 3 players make the CDGA Magazine for the most improved handicaps in the State. Congratulations Charlie Coleman, Hugo Hourihane and Faith Wang
- Louise McCulloch signed with DIVISION 1 Northwestern University Girls Golf Team a top 5 in the country
- 12 Year old Luke Tedford played in CALLAWAY JUNIOR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS at Torrey Pines
- Christian Kim and Stephanie Su WON the DRIVE CHIP AND PUTT and participated in Championship at Augusta National Golf Club
- Christian Kim WON the DRIVE CHIP AND PUTT at Augusta National Golf Club 2016
- We have had numerous students go onto compete in College at either Division 1,2, or 3 schools. For the graduating class of 2020 we have 3 students getting recruited and for 2021 we have 5.
I met David about 4 years ago when he was at Green To Tee up at Glencoe Golf Club. I hired him to work with my son who wanted to try and be on the high school golf team. My son did make the team and then I decided to start taking lessons from David. In the last 2 years David has taken my handicap from 23 to 14.
My 14-year old son has worked with David for several years. David has helped him develop a very solid golf game; learning all the fundamentals as well as developing the confidence to compete. In addition, David has provided a great example of how to conduct oneself both on the course and in life.
In eighth grade my daughter decided to give up her other sports and start a completely new sport- that being golf. She started with David Maslen who taught her the basics from the ground up. She had never held a golf club before and David patiently and methodically taught her everything she needed to know about the game of golf.
I started to practice golf 5 years ago. Everything seemed difficult till I found David. Since then, my skills improved by a huge margin. I cannot recommend David enough; I send my two boys to the golf camps and it's so rewarding to see the progress.
Playing golf is one of the things I like the most but I never thought I can progress in this sport. David was the only instructor who proved be otherwise; golf is for everyone and we should all trust ourselves.
It's difficult to chose a sport from so many options when you have children. Luckily David's gold caps turned out to be the best solution for my family: I send them every year to the camps and my kids enjoy golf more than any other sport.
By age 15, Sophomore year, my daughter played on the varsity high school golf team. David would come to tournaments and support her during the golf season. He would review her play and focus lessons on her areas of greatest need. He is an encouraging, positive, and an incredibly knowledgeable coach. David sets his standards high and expects his students to put in the time to improve.
David is always kind, professional and encouraging. My wife and I also appreciate the outstanding communication David has with us and his insights into ways our son can continue to develop and improve. It has been a pleasure both to watch my son’s golf game become very good and to see all the success David is having!
I asked David if he would work with me and my friends and start a group clinic a few days a week during the winter. That was extremely successful and every clinic sold out each week. David is a great teacher.